Equine Anesthesia Veterinary Technician
Equine Sports Medicine & Surgery’s Weatherford Division (ESMS) has an immediate opportunity at our referral hospital in Weatherford, Texas for a full-time Veterinary Anesthesia Technician. The anticipated work week may consist up to 45 hours, Monday through Friday with rotating on-call duty.
ESMS is a large and growing 100% equine practice. Our Weatherford Division referral hospital is state-of-the-art, providing 24-hour emergency, critical care and surgical services.
ESMS utilizes the latest technologies, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, digital radiology, gas anesthesia, ESWT, Stem Cell & IRAP, digital ultrasound, 1-meter and 3-meter video endoscopy, and an in-hospital laboratory. We have an excellent team, including several RVTs and a large, well-trained support staff.
- Assisting in the preparation and application of equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia.
- Providing support in anesthesia for routine and complex cases by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems.
- Restrain patients
- Assisting in other areas of the hospital as directed.
- Being very observant of our patients’ comfort and needs, and alerting doctors of any problems.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate anesthesia medical records.
- Performing intensive care procedures for critical equine patients.
- Performing laboratory procedures, medicating patients, monitoring critical patients, preparing medications, stocking supplies, and other essential duties.
- May require working alternate shifts, holidays, weekends, or “on-call-duty” to ensure hospital operations are sufficient.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT or RVT) preferred.
- One-year Equine Anesthesia experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Equine veterinary practice experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of all anesthesia supplies, equipment and monitoring.
- Excellent veterinary nursing skills.
- Ability to place intravenous/arterial catheters and to perform endotracheal intubation for veterinary patients.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to safely move and handle up to 75 lbs.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and positive individual with strong work ethics.
- Excellent horse-handling, communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required. ESMS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our team members are highly skilled and passionate about providing the best care for our patients.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume’, and refer to position number ANES1118.
Human Resources Manager
Inova Partners, LLC
P O Box 184
Weatherford, TX 76086