Positions listed below are categorized by the different divisions of Equine Sports Medicine.
Full-time Ambulatory and Hospital Veterinary Technician/Assistant
Equine Sports Medicine & Surgery Weatherford Division, PLLC (“ESMS”) has an immediate opportunity at our referral hospital and out-patient clinic in Weatherford, Texas for a full-time Ambulatory and Hospital Veterinary Technician/Assistant.
ESMS is a large multiple-veterinarian equine practice offering services including ICU & critical care, hospitalization, 24-hour emergencies, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, surgery, lameness, reproduction, ambulatory, and wellness.
- Assisting on farm calls, performing laboratory procedures, medicating patients, assisting with lameness exams, monitoring critical patients, preparing medications.
- Assisting doctors and working with other staff members in the hospital and exam rooms in the delivery of primary care, diagnostic services, and disease control.
- Being very observant of our patients’ comfort and needs and alerting doctors of any problems.
- Performing intensive care procedures for critical equine patients.
- Accurately collecting and maintaining client records and patient medical history
- Stocking supplies, and other essential duties.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and positive individual with strong work ethic.
- A minimum of one year experience in a veterinary setting or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- A general understanding of equipment and terminology used in an equine veterinary practice is required.
- Excellent horse-handling, communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry for short distances.
- Ability to safely restrain horses is required.
- Registered Veterinary Technician is preferred.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume’, and refer to position number EckFTVA1117